Perched on the banks of Loch Ness, we offer unrivaled access to Scotland’s most famous Loch!
We also offer a delightful hostel experience – comfy dorm beds, a vibrant lounge area, extensive kitchen, nice showers, outside areas galore with great views of the Loch.
We provide a warm welcome to backpackers, hikers, cyclists, Great-Glen walkers, canoeists, Nessie-hunters, international travellers. So you never know who you’ll meet on your next stay at Lochside!
Please check our booking table below for availability.
This is an over 18s hostel- in some special circumstances, we can accept children as young as 13 but we must be emailed prior to bookings being made.
If you are booking for 5 or more people you must phone to check prior to booking. We advise that you check our refunds policy before booking. Sorry but we do not take Stag or Hen parties
- No children under the age of 13 (as stated on all our booking platforms)
If you have an UNDER 18 you must contact us IMMEDIATELY if you have not done so prior as requested. There are very specific rules we must follow including a private room being essential as under 18s CANNOT under ANY circumstances stay in a dorm room.
- NO PETS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- Reception is open between 07:30-11:00 and again between 17:00 and 23:00.
- If you are making a booking of 5 or more people, please contact us directly before booking.
- Stag or Hen parties are not permitted
- Sadly we cannot accept American Express payments
- The latest check in is 23:00 when reception closes, after this there is a £5 late fee per hour per person in the booking starting from exactly 23:00.
- If you think you may be later than 23:00 please contact us IMMEDIATELY
- No eating or drinking in the rooms
- There is a designated smoking area
- The front door and fire escape door get locked every night at 23:00 for safety.
- It gets very dark at night and hard to see the road, we do not want anyone to run out into it accidentally. so please be careful.
- The kitchen and lounge are 24/7 (all day)
- CHECK OUT is at 10:30 am. We just ask that you remove your duvet (comforter) from the bed and place it on the floor so we know that bed needs changing
- Reception closes at 23:00 and re-opens at 7:30 am for breakfast.
- We serve breakfast for £3.50 every morning from 7:30-10:30 am. There is no reservation for it, just pay beforehand
- If you need a towel we rent them out for £1.00 per towel. Just ask me at reception for one.
- We also do laundry service for £5.00 we wash and dry it for you.
- Important note, our alcohol licence runs out at 11:00 pm so we can only serve you beers up until this point.
- If you are the last to leave the lounges/kitchen please switch off all lights.